Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: [OT] Top posting is a PITA [was : Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes]

Re: [OT] Top posting is a PITA [was : Prothon Prototypes vs Python Classes]

Jacek Generowicz

Markus Wankus <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Right. So if we'd all just settle on top-posting things wouldn't be
> so bad after all. It's all you bottom-posters that are screwing
> things up for the rest of us. ;o)

Did you actually _understand_ what he wrote? Yes, I did notice the
smiley, but I also noticed the apparent complete failure to get the
point. Complete failure to get the point, I find, is often strongly
correlated to top-posting.

Even if _everyone_ top-posts, then the reading direction is still
inconsisitent and requires the reader to jump back and-forth, to
understand what is going on.

Please _think_ about it. It really doesn't take very much thought to
understand that top-posting sucks, but it does require some. More than
top-posters seem to be able to muster, it seems.

Markus Wankus

Jacek Generowicz wrote:
> Markus Wankus <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

>>Right. So if we'd all just settle on top-posting things wouldn't be
>>so bad after all. It's all you bottom-posters that are screwing
>>things up for the rest of us. ;o)

> Did you actually _understand_ what he wrote? Yes, I did notice the
> smiley, but I also noticed the apparent complete failure to get the
> point.

Geez..you can't even joke about this apparently. OK. Whatever. I'm
easy. I *did* get the point BTW...

> Even if _everyone_ top-posts, then the reading direction is still
> inconsisitent and requires the reader to jump back and-forth, to
> understand what is going on.

Yes.

> Please _think_ about it. It really doesn't take very much thought to
> understand that top-posting sucks, but it does require some. More than
> top-posters seem to be able to muster, it seems.

Alright.

--

MAN! There are some passionate individuals here. In fact, a few
minutes after my lighthearted post I received a flood of IP spoofing

Markus.

Jacek Generowicz

Markus Wankus <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Geez..you can't even joke about this apparently. OK. Whatever. I'm
> easy. I *did* get the point BTW...

Cool. Sorry ... I've been away for a few days ... and having to wade
through a lot of top-posted crap on my return has made my tolerance
of TPing come close to an all-time low ... which is accompanied by a
sense of humour failure.

I'm off to sit in a sensory deprivation tank for a few hours.

Markus Wankus

Jacek Generowicz wrote:
> Markus Wankus <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

>>Geez..you can't even joke about this apparently. OK. Whatever. I'm
>>easy. I *did* get the point BTW...

> Cool. Sorry ... I've been away for a few days ... and having to wade
> through a lot of top-posted crap on my return has made my tolerance
> of TPing come close to an all-time low ... which is accompanied by a
> sense of humour failure.
>
> I'm off to sit in a sensory deprivation tank for a few hours.

Well - I guess I was being a bit of a dolt too...sorry. ;o)

Let's all sit in our sensory deprivation tanks! That sounds like fun!
Who here can construct metaclasses in the dark, in their head?

Markus.

Jacek Generowicz

Markus Wankus <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Let's all sit in our sensory deprivation tanks! That sounds like fun!
> Who here can construct metaclasses in the dark, in their head?

No problem. That's easy. It's typing them into an editor after I get
out where it always goes wrong