Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Prothon, metaclasses, Zope [Was: A 'Python like' language]

Re: Prothon, metaclasses, Zope [Was: A 'Python like' language]

Aahz

In article <eAF9c.48978$cx5.17895@fed1read04>,
Mark Hahn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Self defines having the same attribute in two different prototypes
>illegal. That seemed extremely constraining to me so I went with the
>Python 2.2 mro solution in Prothon.

Bad idea. But I won't tell you why until you stop top-posting and
over-quoting.

"usenet imitates usenet" --Darkhawk

Mark Hahn

Does anyone get anything done around here with all the bitching? I've been
communicating via email for 30 years and never have I seen such complaining
about something so silly. If you have anything to contribute to Prothon
I'll be over in the Prothon lists. We are too busy creating to have
conversations like this over there.

You may not be able to tell it, but I'm a nice guy who would really like
feedback from intelligent knowledgable people like yourself. I just can't
take this anymore.

Aahz wrote:
> In article <eAF9c.48978$cx5.17895@fed1read04>,
> Mark Hahn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Self defines having the same attribute in two different prototypes
>> illegal. That seemed extremely constraining to me so I went with the
>> Python 2.2 mro solution in Prothon.

> Bad idea. But I won't tell you why until you stop top-posting and
> over-quoting.

Michele Simionato

"Mark Hahn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<S7Lac.87628$cx5.10253@fed1read04>...

Original top posting maintained on purpose:

> Does anyone get anything done around here with all the bitching? I've been
> communicating via email for 30 years and never have I seen such complaining
> about something so silly. If you have anything to contribute to Prothon
> I'll be over in the Prothon lists. We are too busy creating to have
> conversations like this over there.
>
> You may not be able to tell it, but I'm a nice guy who would really like
> feedback from intelligent knowledgable people like yourself. I just can't
> take this anymore.
>
> Aahz wrote:
> > In article <eAF9c.48978$cx5.17895@fed1read04>,
> > Mark Hahn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>
> >> Self defines having the same attribute in two different prototypes
> >> illegal. That seemed extremely constraining to me so I went with the
> >> Python 2.2 mro solution in Prothon.

> > Bad idea. But I won't tell you why until you stop top-posting and
> > over-quoting.

Aahz is probably referring to the fact that Python 2.3 has changed the
MRO since the 2.2 one was a bad idea. See
http://www.python.org/2.3/mro.html
for more. A part for this, Aahz is right in pointing out that you
cannot get
the attention of a lot of intelligent knowledgable people on c.l.py
because
of your postings habits. Actually this is the reason why I have
downloaded Prothon yet. It is kinda of a pity, since maybe the idea is
worth, but it is difficult to give credit to people liking tabs and
top posting. Those are not
stupid things IMNSHO.

Michele Simionato

Aahz

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Michele Simionato <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]

Michele, I just got a mailbox full error when I tried sending you
e-mail. Please fix.

"usenet imitates usenet" --Darkhawk

Mark Hahn

> it is difficult to give credit to people liking tabs and

> top posting.

Even though I admit to the heinous crime being a "tab-lover", we have
changed Prothon to accept either tabs or spaces in indents, just not both in
the same file.

As far as top-posting, I am trying to improve, it's just hard to change my
reply style after using it for 30 years without getting any complaints
before. I feel like I'm in a twilight-zone episode.

"Michele Simionato" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "Mark Hahn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Original top posting maintained on purpose:
>
> > Does anyone get anything done around here with all the bitching? I've

been
> > communicating via email for 30 years and never have I seen such

complaining
> > about something so silly. If you have anything to contribute to Prothon
> > I'll be over in the Prothon lists. We are too busy creating to have
> > conversations like this over there.
> >
> > You may not be able to tell it, but I'm a nice guy who would really like
> > feedback from intelligent knowledgable people like yourself. I just

can't
> > take this anymore.
> >
> > Aahz wrote:

> > > Bad idea. But I won't tell you why until you stop top-posting and
> > > over-quoting.

> Aahz is probably referring to the fact that Python 2.3 has changed the
> MRO since the 2.2 one was a bad idea. See
> http://www.python.org/2.3/mro.html
> for more. A part for this, Aahz is right in pointing out that you
> cannot get
> the attention of a lot of intelligent knowledgable people on c.l.py
> because
> of your postings habits. Actually this is the reason why I have
> downloaded Prothon yet. It is kinda of a pity, since maybe the idea is
> worth, but it is difficult to give credit to people liking tabs and
> top posting. Those are not
> stupid things IMNSHO.
>
> Michele Simionato

JanC

"Mark Hahn" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef:

> As far as top-posting, I am trying to improve, it's just hard to
> change my reply style after using it for 30 years without getting any
> complaints before. I feel like I'm in a twilight-zone episode.

You're still not using OE-QuoteFix...

--
JanC

Michele Simionato

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Aahz) wrote in message news:<c4h6jh$n9f$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> Michele Simionato <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > [...]

> Michele, I just got a mailbox full error when I tried sending you
> e-mail. Please fix.

It should work now. My address (E-Mail Removed) is mostly
a span recipient I don't check often. Rea addresses I check every day are
(E-Mail Removed) and (E-Mail Removed)

M.S.

Aahz

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Michele Simionato <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>(E-Mail Removed) (Aahz) wrote in message news:<c4h6jh$n9f$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>>
>> Michele, I just got a mailbox full error when I tried sending you
>> e-mail. Please fix.

>It should work now. My address (E-Mail Removed) is mostly
>a span recipient I don't check often. Rea addresses I check every day are
>(E-Mail Removed) and (E-Mail Removed)

Then please make those addresses readily available by sticking them in
your .sig or something. Having a non-replyable address is about as rude
as top-posting.

"usenet imitates usenet" --Darkhawk

Max M

Mark Hahn wrote:

>>it is difficult to give credit to people liking tabs and

> As far as top-posting, I am trying to improve, it's just hard to change my
> reply style after using it for 30 years without getting any complaints
> before. I feel like I'm in a twilight-zone episode.

Actually I am too. There is some interresting dynamics going on here.

Appart from that Brandon guy, I have never experienced such a reaction
before in this group. I hope it is just a fluke.

regards Max M

Aahz

In article <406d55c6$0$206$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Max M <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Mark Hahn wrote:
>>
>> As far as top-posting, I am trying to improve, it's just hard to change my
>> reply style after using it for 30 years without getting any complaints
>> before. I feel like I'm in a twilight-zone episode.

>Actually I am too. There is some interresting dynamics going on here.
>
>Appart from that Brandon guy, I have never experienced such a reaction
>before in this group. I hope it is just a fluke.

Mark's the first person I recall seeing who was trying to participate in
a serious discussion and also using top-posting. Also, there are a fair
number of netiquette snobs here, and when Mark actively rejected the
arguments against top-posting, people got annoyed. It was similar to
the reaction you might expect from the following exchange:

A: <spam>
B: Please don't post spam, it's not appropriate
A: Why not? Spam has a number of beneficial qualities....

I'm always surprised when I find someone who's been active on the Net for
more than a few years who isn't even aware of how much a hot-button
top-posting is in some communities.

"usenet imitates usenet" --Darkhawk