Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > CUPS or IPP in Python?

CUPS or IPP in Python?

Russell Lear

I'm interested in doing printing from within Python. If someone has wrapped
the CUPS library in Python, that'd be great. Unfortunately, I can't find
such a beast. PyCUPS sounded good, but it seems to have evaporated.

If there isn't a CUPS wrapper, perhaps someone has implemented an IPP stack
in Python? Since CUPS uses IPP I should be able to use the printer's URI
to submit jobs. Right??

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks,
Russell.