Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Socket Receive Buffer

Socket Receive Buffer

christofer

I am writing a small IRC type server. I also have a small test client
for obvious reasons. My problem is that when receiving input from the
server, my client sometimes ends up with two messages in the same
input buffer, which obviously causes problems. Anybody know why it is
doing this?

Stewart Midwinter

christofer wrote:
> I am writing a small IRC type server. I also have a small test client
> for obvious reasons. My problem is that when receiving input from the
> server, my client sometimes ends up with two messages in the same
> input buffer, which obviously causes problems. Anybody know why it is
> doing this?

Are you delimiting each message sent from the server with a '\n' ?