Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > machine control script ( parameterless method? )

Reply
Thread Tools

machine control script ( parameterless method? )

 
 
simon place
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004
I'm thinking of rewriting some vb code in python, its a
machine control
program currently using a simple script to define an action
sequence.

but if i directly use python for the action sequence ( the
most flexible approach.) means each action ( method ) having
brackets, which is a bit redundant and confusing to the
user, since i'm separating the parameters all actions are
calls to parameterless methods,

so the question is, is there any way to call a method when a
name is referenced ( like __repr__ in interactive mode.)

why do i separate the parameters?
well a parameter can be changed often, can occur in several
actions and is unlikely to cause major problems if wrongly
entered, whilst the actions have more serious consequences
if wrongly arranged , so they are differently accessed. This
arrangement seems to me to be quite common, like a washing
machine, dial to select a predefined sequence and then
buttons or dials to tailor it to more refined requirements.


thanks in advance.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bluexcell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004
Assuming your machine program is not hard wired..then the user is using some
form of GUI or other interface to alter the parameters for control, why not use
a Tkinter GUI to create the program I/O interface.. the checks and safeguards
for for incorrect entry are hidden and the user is more inclined to enter the
right data in the right place?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
simon place
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-06-2004
Bluexcell wrote:

> Assuming your machine program is not hard wired..then the user is using some
> form of GUI or other interface to alter the parameters for control, why not use
> a Tkinter GUI to create the program I/O interface.. the checks and safeguards
> for for incorrect entry are hidden and the user is more inclined to enter the
> right data in the right place?


i was thinking of using a text control for the user to edit an action script,
( thsts why im thinking of python.) v.v.little code, v.flexible ( i don't have
to worry about malicious user) that's why the question is actually only about
getting rid of the brackets.
 
Reply With Quote
 
F. Petitjean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2004
On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 simon place <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

[snip]
> that's why the question is actually only about
> getting rid of the brackets.

If the action is a property, simply writing someobject.someobject can
trigger a get method whithout the brackets.

Regards.
 
Reply With Quote
 
simon place
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2004
F. Petitjean wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 simon place <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>>that's why the question is actually only about
>>getting rid of the brackets.

>
> If the action is a property, simply writing someobject.someobject can
> trigger a get method whithout the brackets.
>
> Regards.


thanks this is lot better, i might be able to except a dot but if anyone has
an idea about getting rid of this too?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No parameterless constructor error for dataview Julia B ASP .Net 8 11-21-2008 02:56 PM
Newbie: does not have a parameterless constructor vncntj ASP .Net Web Services 1 11-25-2007 01:14 AM
How to Machine A python script execute Machine B python script? johnny Python 5 07-11-2007 01:03 PM
Error Creating Control - No parameterless constructor defined for this object Nathan Sokalski ASP .Net 1 11-21-2006 04:53 AM



Advertisments