Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco VPN client through PIX firewall

Cisco VPN client through PIX firewall

BenLMiron

Hi,
I have a question about using the vpn client (version 4.0.3A) from
behind a cisco pix fw. I have several machines that need to access
other site vpn's from within my network. I have setup one machine
through the our pix using the static(inside,outside) (outside
interface public ip) (some local ip say 192.168.1.100) config and then
allowed ip access through ACL on the outisde interface: access-list
outside permit ip host (public remote site ip) host (outside int.
public ip). Everything works great with that one machine that i put on
the local ip 192.168.1.100, however i have 2 other machines that need
to be setup using the client to access different sites. Can anyone
recommend a routing application or a way to set up a router to allow
multiple machines to use the client through that one public ip
address. I have tried multiple software routing applications, none
seem to work consistently. Thanks for any input.

rowl

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (BenLMiron) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi,
> I have a question about using the vpn client (version 4.0.3A) from
> behind a cisco pix fw. I have several machines that need to access
> other site vpn's from within my network. I have setup one machine
> through the our pix using the static(inside,outside) (outside
> interface public ip) (some local ip say 192.168.1.100) config and then
> allowed ip access through ACL on the outisde interface: access-list
> outside permit ip host (public remote site ip) host (outside int.
> public ip). Everything works great with that one machine that i put on
> the local ip 192.168.1.100, however i have 2 other machines that need
> to be setup using the client to access different sites. Can anyone
> recommend a routing application or a way to set up a router to allow
> multiple machines to use the client through that one public ip
> address. I have tried multiple software routing applications, none
> seem to work consistently. Thanks for any input.

Setup the remote VPN concentrator to use NAT-Transparent mode feature
(IETF Draft). Then install the cisco VPN client on all machines that
need VPN access. This way you won't have to reserve a public IP for
VPN access.

It works by encapsulating ESP within UDP and sending it to a
negotiated port. The NAT device between the VPN
Client and VPN Concentrator will be auto−detected during IKE
negotiation.

Rgrds
Rahul Sawarkar