Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > what is a good intro book on python ?

what is a good intro book on python ?

Larry

I'm a C++/java programmer and have done a bunch of perl coding.
I am thinking of maybe learning python. What's a good intro primer, easy to read
good examples, understandable, maybe not one of those 2 inch thick books etc. ?

Ivo

www.python.org section documentation

cheerz,
Ivo.
www.IvoNet.nl

"Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I'm a C++/java programmer and have done a bunch of perl coding.
> I am thinking of maybe learning python. What's a good intro primer, easy

to read
> good examples, understandable, maybe not one of those 2 inch thick books

etc. ?

Larry Bates

I learned a lot from the following two books:

Python 2.1 Bible, Dave Brueck and Stephen Tanner

and

Python Programming on Win32 by Mark Hammond and
Andy Robinson

You also need a copy of the Standard Library
that you can get from www.python.org.

Larry Bates

"Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I'm a C++/java programmer and have done a bunch of perl coding.
> I am thinking of maybe learning python. What's a good intro primer, easy

to read
> good examples, understandable, maybe not one of those 2 inch thick books

etc. ?

vincent wehren