Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Debugging Extensions using Visual Studio 7.1

Debugging Extensions using Visual Studio 7.1

Ju-Lian Kwan

Does anyone know how to get this to work? I've done a fair bit of
searching with Google and couldn't turn up anything. I just want to get
debugging to work so I've built a DLL using VC7 and it runs fine. I set
breakpoints in some of the code. Set the command line/args to run the
program from python, and then it craps out with: "Fatal Python error:
Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)"

Does anyone have any suggestions? Apart from building a debug python so
I can set break points in it?

RichH

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, artifice_1
_SPAM_ME_NOT@PLEASE_hotmail.com says...
> Does anyone know how to get this to work? I've done a fair bit of
> searching with Google and couldn't turn up anything. I just want to get
> debugging to work so I've built a DLL using VC7 and it runs fine. I set
> breakpoints in some of the code. Set the command line/args to run the
> program from python, and then it craps out with: "Fatal Python error:
> Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)"
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions? Apart from building a debug python so
> I can set break points in it?

Just turn off optimization (to make it easier to step through the code)
and build a release version. You can't mix debug and release builds.

Cheers,
Rich