Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: configure 'time out' time for urllib

RE: configure 'time out' time for urllib

Pieter Claerhout

I think you will have to configure the default timeout for the socket
module. If you have Python 2.3, it works as follows:

import socket
socket.setdefaulttimeout(10) # timeout in seconds

For older versions of Python, you have to rely on the timeoutsocket module
from http://www.timo-tasi.org/python/timeoutsocket.py, which works as
follows:

import timeoutsocket
timeoutsocket.setDefaultSocketTimeout(10)

Cheers,

pieter

Creo
pieter claerhout | product support prinergy | tel: +32 2 352 2511 |
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) | www.creo.com

IMAGINE CREATE BELIEVE(tm)