Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > SQLObject ordering

SQLObject ordering

Kevin Dahlhausen

As much as I liked Middlekit, SQLObject is my new favorite. It's just
so clean. I haven't been able to figure out how to order the results
of a select by an attribute that is another SQLObject (Foreign Key):

class Car:
manufacturer = ForeignKey("Manufacturer")

class Manufacturer:
name = StringCol()

I'd like to run a select on Car and have the results return sorted by
Manufacturer name. Normally, it would just be a matter of passing the
attribute name into the select statement as an orderBy keyword, but
foreign keys work differently.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Z-Ordering (Morton ordering) question nbigaouette C Programming 2 11-06-2009 05:26 AM
[ANN] SQLObject 0.6.1 Ian Bicking Python 0 01-26-2005 05:55 AM
Options, ConfigParser, modules, and SQLObject connections Robin Munn Python 1 10-12-2004 07:17 PM
ANN: SQLObject 0.5 Ian Bicking Python 0 11-01-2003 09:30 PM
ANN: SQLObject 0.4 Ian Bicking Python 0 07-05-2003 04:57 AM

Advertisments