Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Constants from Excel?

Constants from Excel?

Tim Roberts

I've done a lot of COM work from Python, including control of the Office
applications. However, I have a question that I've never been able to
answer.

Is there a way to programmatically fetch the values of COM constants? For
example, in my Excel apps, I have a section like this, that I have gleaned
from multiple Google posts:

xlPortrait = 1 # orientation constants
xlLandscape = 2
xlWKS = 4 # SaveAs format constants
xlExcel9795 = 43
xlHAlignRight = -4152
xlHAlignCenter = -4108

This works, but it'd be nicer to create an instance of, say,
Excel.Constants and pull the values from there.
--
- Tim Roberts, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Generic and constants Maki VHDL 11 11-25-2004 06:09 PM
Big integer constants Hal Murray VHDL 5 11-12-2004 03:13 PM
Range constants? Tim Hubberstey VHDL 2 06-29-2004 05:10 PM
Seperate file to hold constants?? kwaj VHDL 2 03-04-2004 06:42 AM
constants declaration Benjamin Todd VHDL 2 02-15-2004 01:49 PM

Advertisments