Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > checksum

checksum

Geiregat Jonas

I've written a small app to share data in a lan.
I would like to be able to do some kind of checksum checking on the
files. How could this be implemented ?

Irmen de Jong

Geiregat Jonas wrote:
> I've written a small app to share data in a lan.
> I would like to be able to do some kind of checksum checking on the
> files. How could this be implemented ?

see zlib.crc32 or zlib.adler32 for fast checksums
see md5 or sha for secure checksums (actually, hashes).

--Irmen