Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Pythons Mcmillan Installer : cannot load shared lib

Pythons Mcmillan Installer : cannot load shared lib

Ajay Bakhshi

Hi,

I have Python-2.2.3/
Mcmillian Installer: _5b5_5
System: HP 11.11 64 bit.

Installer + Python were build with 64 bit support (Compiler flag: +DD64)

I have a Python file Recover.py that calls "C" functions written in an
extension module. Now these "C" functions (in the shared library) load
another shared library using dlopen.

When I run python Recover.py this works just fine.
When the same shared library is opened from a "C" executable, that also
works fine.
BUT when I convert Recover.py into an executable (Using Mcmillian Installer:
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/ <http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/> - The web site
not working anymore) dlopen gives error.

And dlopen gives the following error:
-------------------
Failed to open the library. Err: './nwsnapmgr//libcl.2' contains a static
TLS refere
nce to '__thread_specific_seg' defined in a dynamically loaded library
'./nwsnapmgr//libcl.
2'. Use +tls=dynamic to re-compile './nwsnapmgr//libcl.2'.
Failed to Load DLL /usr/lib/libssdummy.sl or Procedure does not exist
-------------------

thanks for any help
-Ajay B

Irit

Hi
I have the same problem
Have you found out what is the reason for this error message,
and how it can be solved ?

mcmillan installer web site bap Python 1 02-20-2004 10:34 PM
What's happened to the McMillan [Installer] website? simo Python 0 02-09-2004 05:14 PM
McMillan Installer: No module named wxPython.wx Harald Schneider Python 1 12-01-2003 09:35 AM
Temp File Cleanup for McMillan Installer Pgms achrist@easystreet.com Python 0 08-31-2003 07:18 AM
OpenGL with Mcmillan Installer? Michael Peuser Python 0 08-23-2003 10:20 PM

Advertisments