Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > copy flash tftp ?

copy flash tftp ?

IHateSpam

I know I have done this before, yet I keep getting an error when I try
to copy flash tftp.

It reaches my machine with the TFTP server on it, and it seems to be
trying to copy it over, but I keep getting this error:

Error: EACCESS. CreateFile returns 32: <The process cannot access the
file because it is being used by another process>

I am using the Tftpd32 application recommended by cisco and available
at: http://tftpd32.jounin.net

This is what happens on the router:

PRO2621#copy flash tftp
Source filename [c2600-ik9o3s-mz.122-11.T1.bin]?
Address or name of remote host []? 10.121.252.8
Destination filename [c2600-ik9o3s-mz.122-11.T1.bin]?
%Error opening tftp://10.121.252.8/c2600-ik9o3s-mz.122-11.T1.bin
(Timed out)
PRO2621#

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Barry Margolin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
IHateSpam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I know I have done this before, yet I keep getting an error when I try
> to copy flash tftp.
>
> It reaches my machine with the TFTP server on it, and it seems to be
> trying to copy it over, but I keep getting this error:
>
> Error: EACCESS. CreateFile returns 32: <The process cannot access the
> file because it is being used by another process>

Does the file already exist? Most TFTP servers will *not* create a new
file, since TFTP doesn't have any authentication. The file has to exist
already and have write permission for all.

--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA

chris@nospam.com

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:32:09 -0500, IHateSpam
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I know I have done this before, yet I keep getting an error when I try
>to copy flash tftp.
>
>It reaches my machine with the TFTP server on it, and it seems to be
>trying to copy it over, but I keep getting this error:
>
>Error: EACCESS. CreateFile returns 32: <The process cannot access the
>file because it is being used by another process>
>
>I am using the Tftpd32 application recommended by cisco and available
>at: http://tftpd32.jounin.net

Find and use a different tftp server program (such as tftpd). There
have been many, many complains about the Cisco provided server.

MC

If using a unix host make sure an empty file of the same name appears in the
/tftpboot location or to your perticular setup.

If using Windoes, I prefer to use solarwinds tftp server.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:32:09 -0500, IHateSpam
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I know I have done this before, yet I keep getting an error when I try
> >to copy flash tftp.
> >
> >It reaches my machine with the TFTP server on it, and it seems to be
> >trying to copy it over, but I keep getting this error:
> >
> >Error: EACCESS. CreateFile returns 32: <The process cannot access the
> >file because it is being used by another process>
> >
> >I am using the Tftpd32 application recommended by cisco and available
> >at: http://tftpd32.jounin.net

> Find and use a different tftp server program (such as tftpd). There
> have been many, many complains about the Cisco provided server.

AnyBody43

"MC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Ba%dc.11608$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> If using a unix host make sure an empty file of the same name appears in the
> /tftpboot location or to your perticular setup.
>
> If using Windoes, I prefer to use solarwinds tftp server.
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:32:09 -0500, IHateSpam
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >I know I have done this before, yet I keep getting an error when I try
> > >to copy flash tftp.
> > >
> > >It reaches my machine with the TFTP server on it, and it seems to be
> > >trying to copy it over, but I keep getting this error:
> > >
> > >Error: EACCESS. CreateFile returns 32: <The process cannot access the
> > >file because it is being used by another process>
> > >
> > >I am using the Tftpd32 application recommended by cisco and available
> > >at: http://tftpd32.jounin.net

> > Find and use a different tftp server program (such as tftpd). There
> > have been many, many complains about the Cisco provided server.

This is not the Cisco _provided_ server. It has been around for
years and I have used it extensively without problems. I suspect
that cisco gave up on their own one and now recommend this one.

Unfortunately (I think) Mr Jounin has been adding features to it
and so perhaps it is broken.

What OS are you using for the server (in detail)? I suggest
that you make the target file name an 8.3 format name.