Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > problem running long commands with os.system()

problem running long commands with os.system()

jon c

does anyone know a quick solution to the following problem (I know it's not
directly python related)

I am running on windows 2000 (yuk) and using python 2.3.2

i run the command os.system(cmd) where cmd is a very long string.

i get the error

"The following character string is too long:"

followed by some of my character string.

Can i run these commands in some cunning way?

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess