Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Nappy Clog Month.........

Nappy Clog Month.........

Fuzzyman

Nappy clog month... no, not the usual USENET abuse - it's an anagram
of comp.lang.python......

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/nanagram.html

An anagram finder with Tkinter front end in less than 20k of python -
yep another great way to avoid working...
mix up the names of friends and colleagues, great fun.

Did you know that George W Bush is an anagram of 'whose bugger' ?
Saddam Hussein - 'disused shaman'
Neil Gaiman - 'lain enigma'.....
Tony Blair - 'rainy blot'.....
Mother Theresa - 'earths theorem'....

I'm particularly proud of this as it is my first working python
program,
is very fast and neat with a lovely user interface - let's you set the
minimum number of letters in the output (to prune the results),
specify anagrams containing a particular word... save the resutls
etc.....

This is version 1.1 (some of you have seen 1.0) - you can now load new
dictionaries (I've included a couple of smaller ones which make
Nangram
zip-along even faster and made some much bigger ones available for
download as well) and I've improved the speed again....

There's also an online CGI version at :

http://www.voidspace.xennos.com/nanagram-CGI.html

although it needs a little work - at teh moment it won't output any
results until the script has finished executing - this is probably the
fault of the server... but I'm sure it's possible to change this
behaviour - but I've only seen examples in Perl

Ta
Fuzzyman
( fuzzyman AT atlantibots DOT org DOT uk )
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/atlantib...thonutils.html

HAVE A HAPPY-NAPPY KWANZAA TOO Santa Claus' Helper, Buckwheat Computer Support 0 12-23-2007 08:18 PM
cerr and clog Scott C++ 1 06-18-2006 04:29 PM
redirecting clog Scott C++ 3 03-14-2006 12:23 AM
Download "clog" Jim Beaver Computer Support 4 01-02-2006 10:32 PM
Do the New Epson Printers Still Clog? Poindexter Digital Photography 47 08-22-2004 11:09 PM

Advertisments