Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [Twisted] Sessions validity

[Twisted] Sessions validity

Frantisek Fuka

Sorry for posting this here but I got no reaction when asking in
twisted-web mailing list:

Twisted stores the Session objects using cookies. I'd like to know how
long these Sessions last (it seems to be 30 minutes?) and - more
importantly - I'd like my application to be able to set different
Session timeouts for different users. I need some of the users (just
some!) to be able not to click on anything on the site for several hours
and still be logged in afterwards, when they click.

Is there a way to do this cleanly or do I have to change the Twisted
sources? (I admit I am not very proficient with the cookies)

--
Frantisek Fuka
(yes, that IS my real name)

Jp Calderone

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 06:10:49PM +0100, Frantisek Fuka wrote:
> Sorry for posting this here but I got no reaction when asking in
> twisted-web mailing list:
>
> Twisted stores the Session objects using cookies. I'd like to know how
> long these Sessions last (it seems to be 30 minutes?) and - more
> importantly - I'd like my application to be able to set different
> Session timeouts for different users. I need some of the users (just
> some!) to be able not to click on anything on the site for several hours
> and still be logged in afterwards, when they click.
>
> Is there a way to do this cleanly or do I have to change the Twisted
> sources? (I admit I am not very proficient with the cookies)

The default is 60 seconds before login occurs, 30 minutes afterwards. It
is changed by calling "setLifetime" on the GuardSession.

Jp

Frantisek Fuka

Jp Calderone wrote:

> The default is 60 seconds before login occurs, 30 minutes afterwards. It
> is changed by calling "setLifetime" on the GuardSession.

Thank you very much!

--
Frantisek Fuka
(yes, that IS my real name)
(and it's pronounced "Fran-tjee-shek Foo-kah")
My E-mail: (E-Mail Removed)
My Homepage: http://www.fuxoft.cz
My ICQ: 2745855

Moving from ASP Sessions to Database Sessions Bookham Measures ASP General 19 08-23-2007 03:51 PM
Cookieless Sessions (Sessions Without Cookies) and Security scottymo ASP .Net Security 3 09-29-2006 11:00 PM
BGP vs OSPF routes validity matteo_cardelli@yahoo.co.uk Cisco 3 05-12-2005 06:53 AM
Validity of MCSD .NET Kamal Ahmed MCSD 2 10-04-2003 08:52 AM
Re: Relationship between IIS Sessions and ASP.NET Sessions? Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP] ASP .Net 1 08-08-2003 03:22 PM

Advertisments