Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: Cisco VPN Client breaks Microsoft PPTP VPN connections

Re: Cisco VPN Client breaks Microsoft PPTP VPN connections

John Caruso

In article <406812cb$0$29250$(E-Mail Removed)>, Steve Baker wrote:
> Didn't break it for me. Have both working just fine and didn't do anything
> to fix up the PPTP after installing Cisco VPN 4.0.3(f).

Odd. I'd done some wrangling with IPSEC in the past on this XP system,
but nothing detailed, and I've made sure that the IPSEC policies are set
to defaults and are not assigned...but still, the Cisco VPN client just
will not work with the Windows PPTP client.

Also, an IPSEC connection I'd created within Windows itself (using Windows'
native IPSEC client, not the Cisco VPN client) lives with my PPTP VPN
connections without any problems.

Does anyone else have any feedback on success or failure they've had at
running PPTP and the Cisco VPN client on the same XP box?

- John