Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Mcmillen Installer Question

Mcmillen Installer Question

Glawster

I am not sure whether this is the right place to post questions for
Installer but here you are.

I have inherited a python application, I work on UNIX and then have to
use Installed to produce a Windows version. All is OK with this except
when executing and the following error messages are displayed.

Can anyone advise how I can correct them or even just hide them.

D:\CCPS\Release-2.1-20040203\Client\Build\Windows\bin>ccps2_install.ex e

D:\CCPS\Release-2.1-20040203\Client\Build\Windows\buildccps2_install\o ut1.pyz/fcntl:7:
DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl
D:\CCPS\Release-2.1-20040203\Client\Build\Windows\buildccps2_install\o ut1.pyz/termios:7:
DeprecationWarning: the TERMIOS module is deprecated; please use
termios
c:\python-2.3.2\Installer\iu.py:103: DeprecationWarning: the regex
module is deprecated; please use the re module
mod = imp.load_module(nm, None, nm, ('','',imp.C_BUILTIN))

CCPS INSTALL STARTING...

The CCPS_DATA_PATH is not defined !!!

Regards,
Andy Wilson

Anthony_Barker

The errrors most likely are because you are loading unix specific services.

Check out
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/unix.html

You probably only want to import them in the windows platform

if sys.platform[:3] == "win":
#import windows modules
else:
#import unix modules

The installer is probably working fine.

Anthony, Toronto

> I have inherited a python application, I work on UNIX and then have to
> use Installed to produce a Windows version. All is OK with this except
> when executing and the following error messages are displayed.
>
> Can anyone advise how I can correct them or even just hide them.
>
> D:\CCPS\Release-2.1-20040203\Client\Build\Windows\bin>ccps2_install.ex e
>
> D:\CCPS\Release-2.1-20040203\Client\Build\Windows\buildccps2_install\o ut1.pyz/fcntl:7:
> DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl
> D:\CCPS\Release-2.1-20040203\Client\Build\Windows\buildccps2_install\o ut1.pyz/termios:7:
> DeprecationWarning: the TERMIOS module is deprecated; please use
> termios
> c:\python-2.3.2\Installer\iu.py:103: DeprecationWarning: the regex
> module is deprecated; please use the re module
> mod = imp.load_module(nm, None, nm, ('','',imp.C_BUILTIN))
>
> CCPS INSTALL STARTING...
>
> The CCPS_DATA_PATH is not defined !!!
>

> Regards,
> Andy Wilson
> (E-Mail Removed)

simo

(E-Mail Removed) (Glawster) wrote:

> DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

> DeprecationWarning: the TERMIOS module is deprecated; please use termios

Read the errors, you're using uppercase module names, I've had this a
few times and actually think it's legacy code in Installer.

> DeprecationWarning: the regex module is deprecated; please use the re module

This is in your code I think - the regular expression module in 2.3.3
is called 're' not 'regex', e.g. re.compile()

> CCPS INSTALL STARTING...
>
> The CCPS_DATA_PATH is not defined !!!

I expect your program is failing as the path never got matched in the
regex.

Don't give up, Installer is great!

Does your program run OK in Windows (using the Python interpreter)?
This way we can see if it's Linux/Windows issues or Installer.

David Bolen

(E-Mail Removed) (simo) writes:

> (E-Mail Removed) (Glawster) wrote:
>
> > DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

> > DeprecationWarning: the TERMIOS module is deprecated; please use termios

> Read the errors, you're using uppercase module names, I've had this a
> few times and actually think it's legacy code in Installer.

It happens with me (at least with 5b5) with Installer too and it
doesn't have anything to do with the original source using uppercase
module names (nor even referencing those modules directly).

What appears to happen is that some of the system libraries being used
will have conditional references to modules like "fcntl" (lowercase).
Under Windows, there is an FCNTL module (uppercase) installed in the
library that results in the above error.

Somehow when installer is tracking imports, it processes the
conditional reference to fcntl, but locates the FCNTL module, only the
resulting compiled .pyc file is written as fcntl.pyc (lowercase). At
that point, the conditional code (which previously never found fcntl
and skipped it) actually loads the fcntl.pyc (generated from the
FCNTL.py) and you get the warning on the import.

I'm not sure if there was a later version than 5b5 (the web site
really does seem to be down doesn't it) that addressed this or not,
nor have I really been annoyed/impacted enough to troubleshoot it
myself.

-- David