Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RESTful Python

RESTful Python

SimonW

I am building a application using XUL, and am looking at using the REST
approach rather than XML-RPC for the back end.

I've setup a mod-python handler which can handle PUT, DELETE, POST and
GET requests, but after that I seem to get lost. I guess this is more a
REST question than a python question, however I ultimately would like to
implement the entire backend in Python.

I want to be able to address sections of an XML document using an URI,
but I am not sure how to implement this. I've seen this done in Python
before, however I cannot find the site again, and cannot recall the
correct google incantations to re-discover it.

Can anyone point me to some REST style implementations in Python?

Regards,

Simon R. Wittber
http://www.metaplay.com.au
Perth, Western Australia.

Graham Fawcett

"SimonW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> Can anyone point me to some REST style implementations in Python?

Dave Kuhlman has written on RESTful programming with the Quixote Web framework:

http://www.rexx.com/~dkuhlman/quixote_index.html

-- G

A.M. Kuchling

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:39:02 +0800,
SimonW <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to be able to address sections of an XML document using an URI,
> but I am not sure how to implement this. I've seen this done in Python
> before, however I cannot find the site again, and cannot recall the
> correct google incantations to re-discover it.

The usual way would be to use a fragment identifier, so that the client can
find the right element, e.g. http://example.com/foo.xml#id45 means
downloading foo.xml and looking for the element with an id="id45" attribute.
But the fragment identifier isn't sent to the HTTP server, so you couldn't
do a DEL or PUT to replace just that fragment; I don't know if that's what
you want.

> Can anyone point me to some REST style implementations in Python?

Someone's already pointed you to Dave Kuhlman's article on REST and Quixote,
which is a good start.

--amk

Re: RESTful API for own python application dieter Python 0 02-03-2013 07:25 AM
RESTful API for own python application Julio F Schwarzbeck Python 0 02-02-2013 08:35 PM
Restful design mazdotnet ASP .Net 2 05-14-2008 10:57 PM
How to do python and RESTful MarkyMarc Python 6 09-06-2007 11:58 AM
VirtualPathProvider and mimetype (for RESTful applications) forge1968 ASP .Net 0 04-26-2007 03:42 AM

Advertisments