Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cat6500 12.1 MPLS

Cat6500 12.1 MPLS

sbs

Hi folk
Any one had try to cfg mpls label distr on cat6500 with native ios
12.1(20)E on sup2/msfc2 ?

How to replace the disappear tag-switchig interface commands ?

Any helps will be appreciate.
bye
sbs

Steinar Haug

[sbs]

| Any one had try to cfg mpls label distr on cat6500 with native ios
| 12.1(20)E on sup2/msfc2 ?

Sure. Can only be done with at least one OSM in the system - do you
have that installed?

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

sbs

(E-Mail Removed) (Steinar Haug) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> [sbs]
>
> | Any one had try to cfg mpls label distr on cat6500 with native ios
> | 12.1(20)E on sup2/msfc2 ?
>
> Sure. Can only be done with at least one OSM in the system - do you
> have that installed?
>
> Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, (E-Mail Removed)

no. and it is fun that the cfg was endorse by a c*scoman.

I'll ask to him

thanks

Steinar Haug

[sbs]

| > | Any one had try to cfg mpls label distr on cat6500 with native ios
| > | 12.1(20)E on sup2/msfc2 ?
| >
| > Sure. Can only be done with at least one OSM in the system - do you
| > have that installed?
|
| no. and it is fun that the cfg was endorse by a c*scoman.

As long as you don't have the Sup720, the rules are very simple:

- You can only configure VRFs (customer-facing subinterfaces) on OSMs.
- You can only configure MPLS label distribution (networking-facing
interfaces, towards other PE or P routers) on OSMs.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, (E-Mail Removed)

sbs

(E-Mail Removed) (Steinar Haug) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> [sbs]

> | > Sure. Can only be done with at least one OSM in the system - do you
> | > have that installed?
> |
> | no. and it is fun that the cfg was endorse by a c*scoman.
>
> As long as you don't have the Sup720, the rules are very simple:
>
> - You can only configure VRFs (customer-facing subinterfaces) on OSMs.
> - You can only configure MPLS label distribution (networking-facing
> interfaces, towards other PE or P routers) on OSMs.
>
> Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, (E-Mail Removed)

I'm looking in deeep about that in docs, but i don't found where cisco
said about hw need for that function. do you ave any links ?

thanks

Steinar Haug

[sbs]

| > As long as you don't have the Sup720, the rules are very simple:
| >
| > - You can only configure VRFs (customer-facing subinterfaces) on OSMs.
| > - You can only configure MPLS label distribution (networking-facing
| > interfaces, towards other PE or P routers) on OSMs.
|
| I'm looking in deeep about that in docs, but i don't found where cisco
| said about hw need for that function. do you ave any links ?

Here's a direct quote:

"The Ethernet LAN ports do not support MPLS. Only WAN ports support MPLS."

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...0.htm#wp317047

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, (E-Mail Removed)