Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > full-duplex on a 804

full-duplex on a 804

chuck

How can I set full-duplex on a 804? It's in the menu (?)
under interface BRI0, but says not vaild when I try to
set up.

Tks

Hansang Bae

In article <wy4cc.96$(E-Mail Removed)>, chuck-
> How can I set full-duplex on a 804? It's in the menu (?)
> under interface BRI0, but says not vaild when I try to
> set up.

ISDN is alread full-duplex.

--

hsb

Chuck

Hansang Bae wrote:
> In article <wy4cc.96$(E-Mail Removed)>, chuck-
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>How can I set full-duplex on a 804? It's in the menu (?)
>>under interface BRI0, but says not vaild when I try to
>>set up.

> ISDN is alread full-duplex.

Yes, but when my machine boots up (linux) and I watch the
network start, it says "half duplex". I didn't think I
could do anything about it until I put a Dlink 624 in the
mix ( and masq ) and now I get full-duplex. So I'm thinking
full from computer to dlink then half from dlink to 804
then full out to the world. And according to my Cisco
in a Nutshell, duplex is half by default. :-/

Tks

Hansang Bae

In article <sOocc.64$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Yes, but when my machine boots up (linux) and I watch the
> network start, it says "half duplex". I didn't think I
> could do anything about it until I put a Dlink 624 in the
> mix ( and masq ) and now I get full-duplex. So I'm thinking
> full from computer to dlink then half from dlink to 804
> then full out to the world. And according to my Cisco
> in a Nutshell, duplex is half by default. :-/

The *Ethernet* side of the 804 is HD. I don't think you can put into FD
mode like on the 261x models. But it doesn't matter since the 804
connects to a 128*K*bps ckt.

--

hsb

AnyBody43

Hansang Bae <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> In article <sOocc.64$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
> > Yes, but when my machine boots up (linux) and I watch the
> > network start, it says "half duplex". I didn't think I
> > could do anything about it until I put a Dlink 624 in the
> > mix ( and masq ) and now I get full-duplex. So I'm thinking
> > full from computer to dlink then half from dlink to 804
> > then full out to the world. And according to my Cisco
> > in a Nutshell, duplex is half by default. :-/

> The *Ethernet* side of the 804 is HD. I don't think you can put into FD
> mode like on the 261x models. But it doesn't matter since the 804
> connects to a 128*K*bps ckt.

804 has a 4 port HUB so HD only.