Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Interfacing with Voice modem

Interfacing with Voice modem

Etienne Labuschagne

Hi all,

A callcenter-like app that we are writing in Python will need recording
functionality for voice conversations. I am thinking of doing this through
a voice modem.

Any suggestions on how to interface with a voice modem from Python?

Thanks
Etienne

Josiah Carlson

> A callcenter-like app that we are writing in Python will need recording
> functionality for voice conversations. I am thinking of doing this through
> a voice modem.
>
> Any suggestions on how to interface with a voice modem from Python?

1. Get the C source for doing it.
2. Wrap it up for python calls with SWIG.
3. Cross your fingers.

- Josiah