Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Forums for Teachers Using Python - Where are they?

Forums for Teachers Using Python - Where are they?

Samuel Walters

I'm currently considering a position teaching math and possibly
programming at a small local magnet school. If I was also teaching
programming, I would, of course, be using Python.

So, I went out and googled around for resources. I found lots of articles
about using Python to teach programming, but I have yet to turn up one
forum where teachers using Python talk amongst themselves.

Can anyone point me to such a resource, or, at least any "Must Read"
articles that I might have missed?

Also, does anyone have any experience using "Thinking Like A Computer
Scientist" as a textbook? Does it fit well within a single semester? If
not, how far were you able to make it into the book?

Thanks for any advice.

Sam Walters.

P.S. An thought provoking general interest paper about computers in
education is here:
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~bh/stop.html

It was written 21 years ago and still raises a relevant question.

--
Never forget the halloween documents.
http://www.opensource.org/halloween/

Aahz

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Samuel Walters <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm currently considering a position teaching math and possibly
>programming at a small local magnet school. If I was also teaching
>programming, I would, of course, be using Python.
>
>So, I went out and googled around for resources. I found lots of articles
>about using Python to teach programming, but I have yet to turn up one
>forum where teachers using Python talk amongst themselves.

edu-sig

A: No.
Q: Is top-posting okay?

Mike C. Fletcher

Official forum of this type is the Education Special Interest Group
(sig), or edu-sig. You can find out more, subscribe and the like here:

HTH,
Mike

Samuel Walters wrote:

>I'm currently considering a position teaching math and possibly
>programming at a small local magnet school. If I was also teaching
>programming, I would, of course, be using Python.
>
>So, I went out and googled around for resources. I found lots of articles
>about using Python to teach programming, but I have yet to turn up one
>forum where teachers using Python talk amongst themselves.
>
>Can anyone point me to such a resource, or, at least any "Must Read"
>articles that I might have missed?
>
>Also, does anyone have any experience using "Thinking Like A Computer
>Scientist" as a textbook? Does it fit well within a single semester? If
>not, how far were you able to make it into the book?
>
>Thanks for any advice.
>
>Sam Walters.
>
>P.S. An thought provoking general interest paper about computers in
>education is here:
>http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~bh/stop.html
>
>It was written 21 years ago and still raises a relevant question.

--
_______________________________________
Mike C. Fletcher

Samuel Walters

| Mike C. Fletcher said |

> Official forum of this type is the Education Special Interest Group
> (sig), or edu-sig. You can find out more, subscribe and the like here:

Thank you. Like your car-keys, stuff like that is always in the most
obvious spot you didn't check.

Sam Walters.

Supr.forums web forums stevene C++ 1 01-31-2007 05:46 AM
Any professors/instructors/teachers here? Charles Schuler Digital Photography 51 06-10-2006 02:22 AM
Office 2003 Student and Teachers Editon =?Utf-8?B?b2xkc2FsdA==?= Windows 64bit 14 05-31-2005 07:05 PM
IDENTITY theft concerns surface over Nevada teachers' licenses Jose Ferrer Computer Security 1 05-24-2004 06:06 PM
AP/ h.s. CS Teachers: FREE Java Test Scoring Utility Fritz Wuehler Java 0 07-10-2003 02:12 AM

Advertisments