Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: adding latency on test network

Re: adding latency on test network

Hansang Bae

In article <TyFac.73494$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Hi ,
>
> I would like to simulate internet latency between a client-server
> application.
> (adding 200ms)
>
> I tried putting 2 routers back-to-back between them but the only thing i
> have
> available is two 1720 with a T1 module . And it does not add much
> latency.
> I look in the available serial interface command , there is a delay
> command but
> the max delay is about 2 ms .
>
> Does anyone have an idea on how to accomplish my goal ?

Shunra's CLOUD is a commercial package. NISTNet is a freeware from
NIST. There are also hardware solutions used by companies that need to
test this type of stuff.

--

hsb