Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Time-controlled execution?

Time-controlled execution?

Fazer

Hello,

Lets say that I need to open a large file in Python. However, I only
want this operation to take no more than four seconds. If it takes
longer than four seconds to open this file, abort the process. How
can I do this?

Thanks,

Paul Rubin

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Fazer) writes:
> Lets say that I need to open a large file in Python. However, I only
> want this operation to take no more than four seconds. If it takes
> longer than four seconds to open this file, abort the process. How
> can I do this?

http://python.org/doc/current/lib/node304.html

Fazer

Paul Rubin <http://(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Fazer) writes:
> > Lets say that I need to open a large file in Python. However, I only
> > want this operation to take no more than four seconds. If it takes
> > longer than four seconds to open this file, abort the process. How
> > can I do this?

> http://python.org/doc/current/lib/node304.html

Perfect! Thanks a lot!