Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > IDLE not working under windows.....

IDLE not working under windows.....

Fuzzyman

At least I've been advised by the 'officials' (in response to my bug
report at sourceforge) to only start IDLE with the '-n' argument
because sub-processes 'don't work' on windows.

In fact the problem is that IDLE currently only uses a single socket
and so hangs if you try to open a second version of the shell.....
Which means so long as I rememebr to only open one shell it works
fine...... So I have two file associations for IDLE now......

The trouble is that opening without a subprocess means that if you
edit any modules you have to close IDLE and reload the main program to
test changes in the module... which is mightily a pain.....

So IDLE on windoze is very much a work in progress...............

Fuzzy