Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Recurring dates module [was: Project dream]

Recurring dates module [was: Project dream]

Robert Brewer

> > a timer capable of alarms or starting programs with
> > various ways of specifying the event, weekly monthly
> > don't start untill, stop after date, user defined, etc.

Then I responded:
> I've been needing to write this, as well, for my own apps. Here is a
> first attempt (*very* alpha); feedback/additions appreciated.
>
> http://www.aminus.org/rbre/python/recur.py
> http://www.aminus.org/rbre/python/test_recur.py

I updated this today, including time functions in addition to the date
functions and generally "filling in the corners". I also included an
interval calculation function for e.g., threading.Timer. Finally, I
wrapped the bare generator functions in a Recurrence class. I'm now
using it for my object server, and it seems to be working well.

Again, any feedback appreciated, especially from Skip M. (who's worked
on this problem before, it seems .

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
(E-Mail Removed)

CheddarGetter module for Python - easy recurring billing Jason Python 0 02-01-2010 09:15 PM
Need to use dates earlier than 1900 (Time library says out of range for dates < 1900) me@benjaminarai.com Ruby 1 07-17-2007 02:25 PM
Dates dates dates dates... SQL and ASP.NET David Lozzi ASP .Net 1 09-30-2005 02:18 PM
Recurring dates in ruby snacktime Ruby 0 08-24-2005 06:44 AM
Dates! Dates! Dates! PW ASP General 4 08-09-2004 04:42 PM

Advertisments