Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: PIX-FLASH-16MB - can't get it to work : Serial number: 0 (0x0)

Re: PIX-FLASH-16MB - can't get it to work : Serial number: 0 (0x0)

Nolajc2000

Well, you sound like you know how to do this. How can I go about resetting
this? Is it expensive? What all is involved?

"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:boCac.16449$Rh.4120@fed1read05:

> No, I dont think it's a flash issue, I think it's an EPROM issue.
> It's the 28C512 (if memory serves me correctly) PLCC EPROM in the
> socket that needs to be reprogrammed.
>
> thanks,
> -Brad Ellis
> CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
> Network Learning Inc
> brad at eccie.com
> www.ccbootcamp.com/quicklinks.html (Cisco Training)
> www.routerie.com (Cisco R&S CCIE Discussion groups)
> www.securityie.com (Cisco Security CCIE Discussion groups)
> www.optsys.net (Cisco hardware)
>
> "Jason Cash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> Just out of curiosity, how does one reformat the flash. And assuming
>> I can get that done, what is the next step?

Brad

Is it easy? Definitely. All you need is a valid EPROM image and an eprom
burner that will take the PLCC.

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
Network Learning Inc
brad at eccie.com

"Nolajc2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Well, you sound like you know how to do this. How can I go about

resetting
> this? Is it expensive? What all is involved?
>
> "Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:boCac.16449$Rh.4120@fed1read05:
>
> > No, I dont think it's a flash issue, I think it's an EPROM issue.
> > It's the 28C512 (if memory serves me correctly) PLCC EPROM in the
> > socket that needs to be reprogrammed.
> >
> > thanks,
> > -Brad Ellis
> > CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
> > Network Learning Inc
> > brad at eccie.com
> > www.ccbootcamp.com/quicklinks.html (Cisco Training)
> > www.routerie.com (Cisco R&S CCIE Discussion groups)
> > www.securityie.com (Cisco Security CCIE Discussion groups)
> > www.optsys.net (Cisco hardware)
> >
> > "Jason Cash" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> >> Just out of curiosity, how does one reformat the flash. And assuming
> >> I can get that done, what is the next step?

Nolajc2000

What equipment is involved? By valid EPROM image, can that be obtained
from a working Pix flash card? Can You copy from one and paste to
another?

Do you have the necessarrty tools and are you willing to reprogram?