Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Programming language from python

Programming language from python

Alejandro Lombardo

Dear sirs:
I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
latest version of python? Is python the best computer programming
language development tool in the entire universe? If it isnīt could you
please tell me the name of the best computer programming language
development tool in the entire universe? So that I can download it from
the Internet for free? I would apreciate it if you could answer these
questions as soon as posible.

Sincerely,
Prophet

Irmen de Jong

Alejandro Lombardo wrote:
> Dear sirs:
>
> I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
> latest version of python?

Yes, sure!

> Is python the best computer programming
> language development tool in the entire universe? If it isnīt could you
> please tell me the name of the best computer programming language
> development tool in the entire universe?

While Python approaches this almost, I believe the Sqiwrnsyivstblz++
toolkit, available on the third rock circling Betelgeuse,
is highly superior at the moment.

> So that I can download it from
> the Internet for free? I would apreciate it if you could answer these
> questions as soon as posible.

I'm sorry, the inhabitants of the Betelgeuse system have discarded the
Internet long ago in favor of a much better communication system based
on tachyons, and bad news (because, as you know, there are only two
things in the universe that travel faster than light: tachyons and
bad news).

Have fun with Python instead.

--Irmen de Jong

Rene Pijlman

Alejandro Lombardo:
>I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
>latest version of python?

Yes.

>Is python the best computer programming language development tool in
>the entire universe?

No.

>If it isnīt could you please tell me the name of the best computer
>programming language development tool

Eiffel.
http://docs.eiffel.com/general/guide...tation-00.html

>in the entire universe?

The lander defense system of the Martians is also quite good.

--
René Pijlman

Irmen de Jong

Rene Pijlman wrote:

> The lander defense system of the Martians is also quite good.

Ah! I already suspected that the 'it has landed in a hole' excuse
about why the Beagle2's contact is lost, was a lie. What truly happened
is that it has been obliterated by a gamma ray.

--Irmen

Michel Claveau/Hamster

>>> While Python approaches this almost, I believe the Sqiwrnsyivstblz++
toolkit, available on the third rock circling Betelgeuse, is highly superior
at the moment.

Hi !

But you don't know Var'Aq, the klingon Programmin Language" ???

See this links :

http://www.geocities.com/connorbd/varaq
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/ngabwi/varaq.htm
http://www.trektoday.com/news/070800_05.shtml
http://www.langmaker.com/db/mdl_varaq.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Var%27aq

@-salutations
--
Michel Claveau
mél : http://cerbermail.com/?6J1TthIa8B

Rene Pijlman

Rene Pijlman:
>Alejandro Lombardo:
>>If it isnīt could you please tell me the name of the best computer
>>programming language development tool

>Eiffel.

Waitaminute... you're not asking for a programming language, but for a
programming language development tool? Do you mean things like lex and
yacc?

--
René Pijlman

Miki Tebeka

Hello Alejandro,
> I need to create a programming language. Can this be done with the
> latest version of python?

Yes. There are many compiler tools written in python. Google for
"python lex yacc".

> Is python the best computer programming
> language development tool in the entire universe?

I've heard they have some very good programming languages over at
Venus

A programming language is like a tool, it's good for some things and
not good for other things. As a general purpose langauge it's as good
a they come.

HTH.
Miki.

Mark Carter

"Alejandro Lombardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> I need to create a programming language.

Why?

Why not just use Python as-is?

> Can this be done with the
> latest version of python?

Yes, given some extra modules. But like it says in a Star Trek movie:
"Just because a thing can be done, does not mean that it should be
done".

> Is python the best computer programming
> language development tool in the entire universe?

No.

Christopher A. Craig

Rene Pijlman <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> >If it isnīt could you please tell me the name of the best computer
> >programming language development tool

> Eiffel.
> http://docs.eiffel.com/general/guide...tation-00.html

Most people I know these days say either SML or ANTLR. That said,
developing a programming language is an extremely difficult task and
the OP should be advised that he should perhaps start with books (such
as Aho, Sethi, and Ullman's Red Dragon book [1]) instead of with
tools.

1) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...43361?v=glance

--
Christopher A. Craig <(E-Mail Removed)>
Courage atrophies from lack of use

Lyle Johnson

Irmen de Jong wrote:

> Alejandro Lombardo wrote:
>
>> Is python the best computer programming language development tool in
>> the entire universe? If it isnīt could you please tell me the name of
>> the best computer programming language development tool in the entire
>> universe?

> While Python approaches this almost, I believe the Sqiwrnsyivstblz++
> toolkit, available on the third rock circling Betelgeuse,
> is highly superior at the moment.

I hear that the port of Sqiwrnsyivstblz++ for the .NET platform (named
"Sqiwrnsyivstblz++#") is even better.