Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Enabling SMTP polling on Cisco 1700 series router

Enabling SMTP polling on Cisco 1700 series router

Pinko_Commie

Any ideas?

I'm trying to use MRTG to graph the bandwidth useage of my router.

I have the correct community name, but when mrtg tries to scan to set itself
up, i get "unknown community" errors.

Erik Tamminga

Hi,

Does your community name have any strange characters in it? You might have
to "escape" these characters. Try typing a \ in front of the strange
character on the MTRG side. Ex: community name: 1234@3\43 -> 1234\@3\\43
(not exactly sure about the @ though).

Erik

news:c29m8n$1lp$1$(E-Mail Removed)...