Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: executables

Re: executables

Todd V. Rovito

Thus spoke km ((E-Mail Removed)):
> how do i create a linux executable from a python script. is that possible
> ? if so is it a real executable or its just a clever executable packaging
> system which makes its size huge as in Perl. kindly enlighten, thanks,

AFAIK there are two options.
(1) py2exe which I think is a clever executable packaging system which makes
its size huge as in Perl.
(2) psyco which is like the JIT compiler for java, as I understand it this
option requires lots of memory and is just starting to become popular.

It is possible other solutions are known by more experienced people since I
just started using Python last week.

--
Todd V. Rovito
rovitotv at rovitotv dot org

Jarek Zgoda

Todd V. Rovito <(E-Mail Removed)> pisze:

> (2) psyco which is like the JIT compiler for java, as I understand it this
> option requires lots of memory and is just starting to become popular.

Psyco doesn't create executables. It just compiles and executes. And
does this bloody well.

--
Jarek Zgoda
Unregistered Linux User # -1

OT How to email executables through a "protected" account default Firefox 5 11-11-2005 12:39 PM
decompiling class, jar & native executables? Sue Java 1 06-07-2005 03:14 PM
How to set VM parameter for JBuilder native executables? Kaidi Java 4 07-14-2004 05:33 AM
Executables? Devyn Perl 3 04-11-2004 01:01 PM
Retrieving executables from SQL in ASP.NET Greg ASP .Net 0 11-04-2003 04:10 PM

Advertisments