Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python progamming certification

Python progamming certification

Apollo

Hi All,

Is there a Python programming certification like Sun's Java certificates?

Thanks in advance,

Aahz

In article <O2cBb.6556$(E-Mail Removed) et>,
Apollo <_@_._> wrote:

>Is there a Python programming certification like Sun's Java certificates?

Give me US$500, and I'll make you one.

Apollo

> Is there a Python programming certification like Sun's Java
certificates?

I know about BrainBench's certificate. Is there any?

David Mertz, Ph.D.

Apollo <_@_._> wrote previously:
| > Is there a Python programming certification like Sun's Java
|certificates?
|I know about BrainBench's certificate. Is there any?

There at least *was* a BrainBench certification in Python 1.5.2. I
don't know if they still offer it, given the new versions.

I happen to know it once existed because I WROTE it. That said, I was
*extremely* unimpressed with BrainBench's test design--I have a
background in testing theory (and practice). I did the best possible
within their guidelines, but the best possible was still not
particularly good.

If you just want a piece of paper, I suppose it doesn't matter how bad a
test is. If you want the certification to actually show something about
takers' abilities... well, don't bother with BrainBench.

Yours, David...

--
---[ to our friends at TLAs (spread the word) ]--------------------------
Iran nuclear neocon POTUS patriot Pakistan weaponized uranium invasion UN

Maxim Khesin

> to know it once existed because I WROTE it.

COOL! BTW they still offer the 1.5 test.

That said, I was
> *extremely* unimpressed with BrainBench's test design--I have a
> background in testing theory (and practice).

Don't tell me you too cheated on your SATs

I did the best possible
> within their guidelines, but the best possible was still not
> particularly good.
>
> If you just want a piece of paper, I suppose it doesn't matter how bad a
> test is. If you want the certification to actually show something about
> takers' abilities... well, don't bother with BrainBench.

I should just mention that I got hit up for an interview last week due
to my BrainBench C++ test. So they are not entirely worthless (even
though there were syntax errors in the test itself). I do not know if
the Python test is worth the $45 they are charging from that perspective
since I suspect very few potential employers will be looking for Python
programmers on BrainBench.

John J. Lee

Maxim Khesin <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> > to know it once existed because I WROTE it.

[...]
> I should just mention that I got hit up for an interview last week due
> to my BrainBench C++ test. So they are not entirely worthless (even

C++ is one area where a simple test might be useful, though. Python,
much, much less so.

[...]
> the Python test is worth the $45 they are charging from that
> perspective since I suspect very few potential employers will be
> looking for Python programmers on BrainBench.

Certainly.

John

Anand Pillai

Perhaps this mail need to be brought to the attention
of the marketing-python mailing list as a possible (not
to mention easy too!) way of making money from Python )

Well Brandon, where art thou??

-Anand

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (John J. Lee) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Maxim Khesin <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > > to know it once existed because I WROTE it.

> [...]
> > I should just mention that I got hit up for an interview last week due
> > to my BrainBench C++ test. So they are not entirely worthless (even

> C++ is one area where a simple test might be useful, though. Python,
> much, much less so.
>
> [...]
> > the Python test is worth the $45 they are charging from that
> > perspective since I suspect very few potential employers will be
> > looking for Python programmers on BrainBench.

> Certainly.
>

> John

Fredrik Lundh

Anand Pillai wrote:

> Well Brandon, where art thou??

http://tinyurl.com/yjyf

</F>

Apollo

John J. Lee wrote:
> Maxim Khesin <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

>>>to know it once existed because I WROTE it.

> [...]
>
>>I should just mention that I got hit up for an interview last week due
>>to my BrainBench C++ test. So they are not entirely worthless (even

> C++ is one area where a simple test might be useful, though. Python,
> much, much less so.
>
> [...]
>
>>the Python test is worth the $45 they are charging from that
>>perspective since I suspect very few potential employers will be
>>looking for Python programmers on BrainBench.

But how can I convince employers that I know Python I have not
programmed using Python in career before?

Apollo