Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > bootp on catalyst 4006 sup II ?

bootp on catalyst 4006 sup II ?

IHateSpam

got a weird issue where printers connected to this catalyst 4006 sup
II are not able to get ip addresses "they are configured to use bootp
/ dhcp"

Odd thing is all my IP phones are working just fine and they use DHCP.

I have the following configured on the switch:

#dns
set ip dns server 10.121.1.11 primary
set ip dns server 10.121.1.20

Apparently I was mistaken in thinking BOOTP and DHCP were pretty much
identical.

Anyone with any ideas?

Craig Johnson

Assuming its on the same VLAN, the switch will just forward the broadcast.
You don't need to do anything else. I would like at the printers; I can't
tell you how many problems I used to have with HP printers trying to get
DHCP. The config you put in there is for the dns server; it just controls
dns lookups from the command line. It doesn't have anything to do with DHCP
or BOOTP.

Craig Johnson, CCIE #6965

news:(E-Mail Removed)...