Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > McMillan Installer: No module named wxPython.wx

McMillan Installer: No module named wxPython.wx

Harald Schneider

Hi,

I ran in some problems with Gordon's Installer, after upgrading to Python
2.3.2:
After starting the executable it brings up a

ImportError: No module named wxPython.wx

Before upgrading, everything went well.
I can also run the .py file without any complaints in my system's current
state.

I tried
- Adding the site-packages and the site-packages/wxPython folder to
PYTHONPATH,
- added'em to PATH
- and added both to the pathext. in the .spec file.

My platform is
- SUSE Linux 8.1
- wxWindows 2.4.2
- wxPython 2.4.2.2 without unicode support
- The latest Installer 5, freshly installed for Python 2.3.2
- Python 2.3.2, latest release from python.org.

Thank you very much for your help,
Harald

Harald Schneider

For everyone, running into the same problem:
Use cx_Freeze as an alternate installer:
http://starship.python.net/crew/atuining/cx_Freeze/

It uses another import scheme, which works seamlessly with Python 2.3.2.

--Harald

news:bq4r10$otl$07$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...