Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > AS5350 and V110

AS5350 and V110

Kurt Tragant

Hi list,

I try to get into the internet with a V110 cellular. The cellular gets
an IP and I can ping the cellular from the Cisco. But I can't do
anything else with the cellular. I think, it doesn't get a default
route. Other dialin customers on the same router with "normal" ISDN
and Async connections don't have problems. Users are authenticated via
radius. Some thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Regards
Kurt Tragant

Aaron Leonard

On 1 Mar 2004 05:35:35 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Kurt Tragant) wrote:

~ Hi list,
~
~ I try to get into the internet with a V110 cellular. The cellular gets
~ an IP and I can ping the cellular from the Cisco. But I can't do
~ anything else with the cellular. I think, it doesn't get a default
~ route. Other dialin customers on the same router with "normal" ISDN
~ and Async connections don't have problems. Users are authenticated via
~ radius. Some thoughts? Thank you in advance.
~
~ Regards
~ Kurt Tragant

Normally dialup PPP clients do not "learn" a default route
from the router into which they dial, but rather are simply
manually configured to use their dialup interface as their
default route. So, this sounds like a personal problem with
your V.110 client device.

Kurt Tragant

Hi Aaron,

> Normally dialup PPP clients do not "learn" a default route
> from the router into which they dial, but rather are simply
> manually configured to use their dialup interface as their
> default route. So, this sounds like a personal problem with
> your V.110 client device.

thanks for the answer. Yes, you are right. Sorry for my mistake
concerning PPP and default routes. But I've tried with two cellulars
(Ericsson T66 and Panasonic GD55) - both doesn't work. ;-( Maybe there
are other ideas?

Regards
Kurt Tragant

Kurt Tragant

> thanks for the answer. Yes, you are right. Sorry for my mistake
> concerning PPP and default routes. But I've tried with two cellulars
> (Ericsson T66 and Panasonic GD55) - both doesn't work. ;-( Maybe there
> are other ideas?

Maybe there are some debugging functions on the AS5350? I can ping the
cellular but how I can get more informations about the communication
between router, cellular and network? Thanks.

Regadrs
Kurt Tragant

Aaron Leonard

On 4 Mar 2004 03:50:51 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Kurt Tragant) wrote:

~ > thanks for the answer. Yes, you are right. Sorry for my mistake
~ > concerning PPP and default routes. But I've tried with two cellulars
~ > (Ericsson T66 and Panasonic GD55) - both doesn't work. ;-( Maybe there
~ > are other ideas?
~
~ Maybe there are some debugging functions on the AS5350? I can ping the
~ cellular but how I can get more informations about the communication
~ between router, cellular and network? Thanks.

Here are some debugs to turn on:

conf term
service timestamp debug date msec
end
undebug all
terminal monitor
debug isdn q931
debug modem
debug spe modem statistics
debug ppp negotiation

However I don't know how this would explain why the V.110 devices
don't get a default route, since that is a private matter for
the client and is not based upon anything the router sends out.

Aaron