Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Voip on WRT54G

Voip on WRT54G

lynn.bower@gmail.com

Voip phones will not work on the network. Currently using WRT54G as
the DHCP server for the network. Do I need to open any ports or change

any settings that I would not have changed by setting up DHCP? This is

one of the original WRT54G's with the older 1.0x Firmware. Would
upgrading to 3.0 or higher fix the problem or do I need to run third
party Firmware to get Voip phones to work. Thanks.

William P.N. Smith

>Voip phones will not work on the network.

What kind of VOIP phones, where's the PBX, what's the protocol, and
what's the rest of your network topology?

The router probably isn't your problem, but updating the firmware is
probably a good idea.

Joe

We have indeed confirm VoIP problems on the WRT54G firmware version
1.00.1. In general the problems consisted of unresponsive VoIP phones.
We upgraded to version 1.00.6 and the problems were resolved. Whether
or not this applies to your situation is another question.