Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ActivePython Installation problem on win95

ActivePython Installation problem on win95

Fred

Python 2.3.2 (build 232)

After installing (completes without error) I cannot start the PythonWin IDE;
get an error: "The application can not locate win32ui.pyd for Python (1157).
One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found."
Certainly a file with this name exists so it is probably a dependent DLL
that is missing. Suggestions?

Thanks
tom semple

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernard_Delm=E9e?=

> After installing (completes without error) I cannot start the PythonWin IDE;
> get an error: "The application can not locate win32ui.pyd for Python (1157).

Hi; did you reboot after installing? I suspect on Win9x the path will
only include python after you've run the altered autoexec.bat

HTH

Tom Semple

I did reboot; the Python23 root directory is in the path (though of course
this is not where the .pyd file is). I've checked a number of the registry
paths for various things and they seem good as well. So I still suspect the
problem is a missing DLL or PythonWin needs a newer version of a DLL it
expects to be already on the system. But the error message does not help me
much.

Tom

news:3fb957fe$0$1125$(E-Mail Removed) t.net...