Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Radius Forwarding?

Radius Forwarding?

Matt

Is it possible with radius attributes to forward traffic for a port to
another machine?

IE:
When dial-up customer A tries to get to the web on port 80 it goes to
proxy machine B and then out to the internet?

Alan Strassberg

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Is it possible with radius attributes to forward traffic for a port to
>another machine?
>
>IE:
>When dial-up customer A tries to get to the web on port 80 it goes to
>proxy machine B and then out to the internet?

A route-map or wccp should do this pretty easily...

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html#ss17.5

alan

Matt

Alan Strassberg wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible with radius attributes to forward traffic for a port to
>>another machine?
>>
>>IE:
>>When dial-up customer A tries to get to the web on port 80 it goes to
>>proxy machine B and then out to the internet?

> A route-map or wccp should do this pretty easily...
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html#ss17.5
>
> alan

That would work if you were routing an entire organization through the
squid.. however I want to do it just for some customers who are dialing
up to AS5800 and AS5300.

~ Matt

Alan Strassberg

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Alan Strassberg wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Matt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Is it possible with radius attributes to forward traffic for a port to
>>>another machine?
>>>
>>>IE:
>>>When dial-up customer A tries to get to the web on port 80 it goes to
>>>proxy machine B and then out to the internet?

>> A route-map or wccp should do this pretty easily...
>>
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html#ss17.5
>>
>> alan

>That would work if you were routing an entire organization through the
>squid.. however I want to do it just for some customers who are dialing
>up to AS5800 and AS5300.

Aren't they assigned from a unique IP pool ? Then
a route-map might do the trick since you can differentiate
RADIUS users from others. If not there's using a proxy.pac
file but not sure you want to mess with the client side.
But I don't think you can port-forward using RADIUS attributes.

I'd check over at the RADIUS sites ...
http://www.freeradius.org/
http://www.radius.cistron.nl/

alan