Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Controlling a command-line program for Windows

Controlling a command-line program for Windows

Hoang

Has anyone run into a situation where you had to do that? This comes up
again and again for me and each time I search for a solution, I always hit a
dead-end. Expect was great for Unix.... but I keep coming back to Pexpect
and see that it doesn't work with Windows. Some people have tried Popen2,
but that's not the way. If someone who has gone down this path could
enlighten us, it would be greatly appreciated.

Samples of what you would use it for include: SSH, controlling ftp, or
essentially basic scripting for any interactive commandline tools.

Hoang Do