Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > domain featured in O'Reilly book, available now

domain featured in O'Reilly book, available now

Alan

Chapter 10 of the O'Reilly "Learning Python" book features the development
of a CGI application for a fictional company, Joe's Toothpaste, Inc, at
the fictional website "toftoot.com". That domain is not, in reality,
currently registered to anyone. Grab it while it's hot.

Alan

interested to see if anybody actually does

Peter Hansen

Alan wrote:

> Chapter 10 of the O'Reilly "Learning Python" book features the development
> of a CGI application for a fictional company, Joe's Toothpaste, Inc, at
> the fictional website "toftoot.com". That domain is not, in reality,
> currently registered to anyone. Grab it while it's hot.
>
> Alan
>
> interested to see if anybody actually does

I understand the domain "xxoeitll.com" is not yet claimed, either.

And as an added advantage, it has a higher likelihood of meaning
something rude in Aztec, as well.

-Peter

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:24:16 -0500, rumours say that Peter Hansen
<(E-Mail Removed)> might have written:

[Alan comments that "toftoot.com", used as an example in "Learning
Python", is available]

>I understand the domain "xxoeitll.com" is not yet claimed, either.
>
>And as an added advantage, it has a higher likelihood of meaning
>something rude in Aztec, as well.

Imagine my surprise some years ago when I found out that the quite
cryptic 'tzot' I traditionally used as a username (chris was oh so
already-taken in unix systems), was a quite common mayan word (a dialect
of Mayan, a small barracuda, 'arm', 'labyrinth', 'lost one' are its
meanings so far as per google...)

I don't know if it means python too, what with all those dragon and
snake gods, but I wouldn't be surprised
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix