Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > I sti-ll... haven't found,.... what I'm looking for.

I sti-ll... haven't found,.... what I'm looking for.

Miki Tebeka

Hello,

> I think I explained badly what I need - I want the long string to pause for
> each full screen, so I can read it. It shoots off the top, so I can only
> read the end...

Have a look at the _Printer class in site.py (comes with installation).

HTH.
Miki

ruari mactaggart

I think I explained badly what I need - I want the long string to pause for
each full screen, so I can read it. It shoots off the top, so I can only
read the end...

Derrick 'dman' Hudson

ruari mactaggart <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I think I explained badly what I need - I want the long string to pause for
> each full screen, so I can read it. It shoots off the top, so I can only
> read the end...

This is an environment issue, not a python issue. Send the output to
a file or pager so that the output will be broken into "pages". For
example, running the program as :
myprogram.py | less
instead of
myprogram.py
will send the output to the program 'less' (a pager) which provides
for scrolling and searching in the text.

If your system doesn't have 'less' on it, or your environment doesn't
support pipes like this then you'll need to provide more details as to
your environment (OS, etc.) so someone familiar with it can direct
you to suitable tools.

-D

--
Commit to the Lord whatever you do,