Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Malformed Header

Re: Malformed Header

Eric Wichterich

Hello Kiran,

hmmm. Ensure that MySQL-DB-accesses are allowed for python (maybe use
PHPMyAdmin to administrate MySQL and select the appropriate options).
You can set from which IPs MySQL-accesses are allowed (e. g.
"localhost" if Python and MySQL are running on same computer) and which
privileges are granted for this IP.

Have you checked PYTHONPATH whether the right MySQLdb-module is
imported (if you have more than one versions of python or mysqldb
installed)?

Hmmm. I think a password statement is missing in your code " connection
= MySQLdb.connect( db = "try" ) "

Here is an example of my statement which works fine:

"db = MySQLdb.connect(host="localhost", db="mydatabase",
user="thegreatestuser", passwd="mypassword")"

Maybe this helps?

Cheers,
Eric

Am Montag, 03.11.03 um 14:32 Uhr schrieb Kiran Budhrani:

> hello eric,
> Im getting this error:
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] malformed header from script. Bad
> header=*** You don't have the (right): c:/program files/apache
> group/apache/cgi-bin/fig28_18.py
>
> I have connected all databases already. If I remove the import MySQL
> statement, theres no problem. But i need to use the database. . what
> could possibly be wrong???
>
> pls help.. I have the MySQLdb installed in my Python directory
> already..
>

> #!c:\Python23\python.exe
>
> import cgi
> import MySQLdb
>

> def printContent():
> ** print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"
> ** print
> ** print """
> ** lang="en">
> **
> **
> def printReply():
> ** from convert import genPrime, genPrimeE
> ** p1 = genPrime()
> ** q1 = genPrime()***
> ** e1 = genPrimeE()
> ** N1 = p1 * q1
> ** M1 = (p1-1)*(q1-1)
> ** print 'e1 %d, m1 %d' %(e1,M1)
> **
> ** while(e1 % M1 == 0):
> ***** e1 = genPrimeE()
>
> ** connection = MySQLdb.connect( db = "try" )
> *
> ** cursor = connection.cursor()
> ** cursor.execute("insert into trials (p,q,n,m) values
> ('p1','q1','n1','m1');")
> ** authorList = cursor.fetchall()
> ** cursor.close()***************** # close cursor
> ** connection.close()*************
>

> printContent()
> form = cgi.FieldStorage()
>
> personInfo = { 'firstName' : form[ "firstname" ].value,
> ***************** 'lastName' : form[ "lastname" ].value,
> ***************** 'email' : form[ "email" ].value,
> ***************** 'phone' : form[ "phone" ].value,
> ***************** 'book' : form[ "book" ].value,
> ***************** 'os' : form[ "os" ].value,
> ***************** 'message' : form["message"].value }
> printReply()
>
> Eric Wichterich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Hi Kiran,
>
> could you post the exact error entry from your error_log, please?
>
> Cheers,
> Eric
>

> Am Montag, 03.11.03 um 06:18 Uhr schrieb Kiran Budhrani:
>
> > Hi eric, I havent solved my problem... do u have any suggestions?
> > what could possibly be wrong.. Im using Apache as my server and the
> > error appears in the error log.
> > *
> > pls help.. thanks! =)
> >
> > Eric Wichterich wrote:
> >
> > Hello Kiran,
> >
> > just wanted to ask whether your problem is already solved (if found

> not
> > further postings to this thread).
> >
> > Greetings,
> > Eric