Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Textbox with ScrollBar

Textbox with ScrollBar

PythonRAD

Hi at all,

I looking for the widget that admit the multiline with scrollbar for
Tkinter... any idea?

Help me please
Michelangelo

--
##########################
# Yahoo Messenger: ShineMiku

Alex Martelli

PythonRAD wrote:

> Hi at all,
>
> I looking for the widget that admit the multiline with scrollbar for
> Tkinter... any idea?

Top of p. 349 in "Python in a Nutshell" chapter 16. I'm biased, but I
think the Nutshell can be useful. You can read it online for free for
2 weeks by subscribing to safari.oreilly.com -- the first 2 weeks are
free, but make sure to cancel within 14 days to avoid paying! Still,
in 2 weeks you should easily be able to study all of chapter 16 and a
lot more besides.

Alex

Eric Brunel

PythonRAD wrote:
> Hi at all,
>
> I looking for the widget that admit the multiline with scrollbar for
> Tkinter... any idea?
>
> Help me please
> Michelangelo

See widget ScrolledText in Pmw: http://pmw.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html

HTH

--
- Eric Brunel <eric dot brunel at pragmadev dot com> -