Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > SMC Wireless Router and Power Management

SMC Wireless Router and Power Management

Khaled Sultan

Just bought an SMC Router SMC7004VWRB and connected it ok. But something
funny is happening.

I use power management, and I set it so that my computer turn off after 20
min of non-activity. Ever since connecting the router I've realized that
the monitor never turns off after 20 min.

To find out the problem I set the turn off time to 1 min and noticed the
following:

After 1 min of non activity the monitor turns off.
A few minutes later, the monitor turns back on (as if I had moved the mouse
or touched the keyboard)!
After 1 more min of non activity the monitor turns off again.
Few minutes later, it's back on!

So it seems to be detecting some sort of activity. This only started to
happed after connecting my wireless router.

Any ideas?

Thanks