Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Image recognition + python + pil

Image recognition + python + pil

Noen

Hi.

I wondered if anyone had any experience with text recognition using
python. Any sites I could be pointed to... ideas... etc?

Colin Brown

"Noen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yphob.23929$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> I wondered if anyone had any experience with text recognition using
> python. Any sites I could be pointed to... ideas... etc?

http://dkc.jhu.edu/gamera/

Colin Brown
PyNZ

Larry Bates

"Noen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yphob.23929$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi.
>
> I wondered if anyone had any experience with text recognition using
> python. Any sites I could be pointed to... ideas... etc?

Larry Bates

Noen,

I was able to interface Python to Expervision's OCR toolkit
http://www.expervision.com (it is Windows based) for OCR
work on a recent project.

-Larry