Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > cephes

cephes

Arend Sluis

I have been struggling to get the cephes module (Special Functions -
basically binds to a set of C and Fortran routine), but I keep running
into problems like

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/import/urizen/pcote/sluis/Python-2.3.2/Kelson/getkeys", line
8, in ?
from basics import *
File "/import/urizen/pcote/sluis/Python-2.3.2/Kelson/basics.py", line
8, in ?
from SpecialFuncs import jn,jv
File
"/import/urizen/pcote/sluis/Python-2.3.2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/SpecialFuncs/SpecialFuncs.py",
line 1, in ?
from cephes import *
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file
/import/urizen/pcote/sluis/Python-2.3.2/lib/python2.3/site-packages/SpecialFuncs/cephesmodule.so:
symbol __d_sign: referenced symbol not found

The "make" runs fine, although in previous trials of "make" the __d_sign
"Undefined Symbol" error was noticed before, as well as __pow_di,
__e_wsfe_pv and others.

Does anybody have any experience with installing Cephes for python? Or
any other suggestions about what I might be overlooking?

Thanks!

Arend.

John J. Lee

Arend Sluis <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I have been struggling to get the cephes module (Special Functions -

[...]

Try one of the scipy / numpy / numarray mailing lists.

John