Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > SNMP MIB and OID string

SNMP MIB and OID string

yuriyv@rambler.ru

I would like to find out what the SNMP MIB and OID string
is to take tables of switched MAC addresses for each port
of Cisco 3550.
I have seen MIBs supported by Catalyst 3550 series and
have not found that is necessary for me.
If anyone has any info. of where I can obtain the info. I would
really appreciate it.

Yuriy

news.tilbu1.nb.home.nl

Hi,

This information is part of the BRIDGE-MIB and the table you're looking for
is the dot1dTpFdbTable (.1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3).
To access the information per vlan, cisco uses community string indexing. In
short: the communitystring public@1 gives you access to information of VLAN1
(if public is your normal community string), public@2 gives you access to
information of VLAN2, etc.
To know what community strings are available, have a look at ENTITY-MIB.

Erik

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...

BGP4-MIB CISCO-BGP4-MIB syd_p Cisco 0 07-06-2009 09:31 PM
snmp OID/MIB conrad Cisco 2 11-01-2008 12:05 PM
NoMethodError for SNMP::MIB.oid (newby!) Toby Rodwell Ruby 1 01-07-2007 11:17 PM
SNMP information -- MIB/OID Benson Cisco 0 08-23-2004 04:54 AM
Standard Cisco MIB/OID For Port Duplex Information? Jim McDonald Cisco 1 11-01-2003 07:48 PM

Advertisments