Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: xmlrpclib

RE: xmlrpclib

Brian Quinlan

> I'm having trouble using xmlrpclib. I register a function (or class)
> with the SimpleXMLRPCServer and initiate the server. I then create a
> ServerProxy object and connect to the xml-rpc server. When I call a
> registerd function or class member function I get the follwoing error.
> I've attached the server and client source files.
>

> File "D:\Python23\lib\xmlrpclib.py", line 742, in close
> raise Fault(**self._stack[0])
> xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault 1: 'exceptions.TypeError:cannot marshal None
> unless allo
> w_none is enabled'>

Both of your registered functions implicitly return None. None is not a
valid XML-RPC type (though there is an extension with a NULL type). You
can fix your code by adding "return 1" to the end of your functions.

Cheers,
Brian

xmlrpclib timeouts p2esp Python 2 03-03-2004 05:53 AM
Re: xmlrpclib timeouts p2esp Python 1 03-02-2004 03:23 PM
mod_python with xmlrpclib Michael Python 0 02-26-2004 11:46 PM
xmlrpclib sashan Python 0 10-19-2003 12:57 AM
xmlrpclib/timeoutsocket not happy together in 2.3 Larry Python 0 09-16-2003 07:30 PM

Advertisments