Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ImportError: No module named lang - Serious Jython newbie - Please help!

ImportError: No module named lang - Serious Jython newbie - Please help!

javahead

I am trying to write a simple gui in Jython that requires the java.awt
and java.lang packages.

Apparently, my installation is screwed up because I keep getting the
following error message indicating that the language package cannot be
found. For some reason I can access the swing package but not lang or
awt?

>>> import java.lang as lang

Traceback (innermost last):
File "<console>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named lang

I am running Windows 2000 along with the following java development
environments versions:

Sun's J2 sdk v1.4.2 and jdk1.3.1_06

Please help!

Erik Max Francis

javahead wrote:

> Apparently, my installation is screwed up because I keep getting the
> following error message indicating that the language package cannot be
> found. For some reason I can access the swing package but not lang or
> awt?

Are you getting any warnings when you startup Jython? If so, it may be
that Jython can't find or build some cache files it needs. If you're
getting them, run jython once as root, and then try again.

--
Erik Max Francis && http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/ \ That's what I'm about / Holding out / Holding out for my baby